Statement of Directors’ responsibilities
The Directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the Financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
Under company law, the Directors are required to prepare the Financial statements in accordance with recognised accounting standards. The Directors have chosen to adopt International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as adopted by the European Union which is consistent with the accounting treatment adopted by the parent company. Under company law, the Directors must not approve the Financial statements unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Company and of the profit or loss of the Company for that period. In preparing these Financial statements, the Directors are required to:
- properly select and apply accounting policies
- present information, including accounting policies, in a manner that provides relevant, reliable, comparable and understandable information
- provide additional disclosures when compliance with the specific requirements
in IFRS are insufficient to enable users to understand the impact of particular transactions, other events and conditions on the entity’s financial position and financial performance
- make an assessment of the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the Company’s transactions and disclose with reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the Company and enable them to ensure that the Financial statements comply with the Companies Act 2006.
They are also responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Company and hence for taking reasonable steps for the prevention and detection of fraud and other irregularities. The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the corporate and financial information included on the Company’s website. Legislation in the United Kingdom governing the preparation and dissemination of Financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Directors’ responsibility statement
We confirm that to the best of our knowledge:
- the Financial statements, prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards as adopted by the EU, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Company taken as a whole
- the Strategic Report includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the Company, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that it faces
- the Annual Report and Financial statements, taken as a whole, are fair, balanced and understandable and provide the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Company’s performance, business model and strategy.
Approved by the Board of Directors.